As athletic administrators, coaches and teachers we understand that we are not in the business of “winning” but in the business of producing “winners”.
As a member of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), with integrity we will…
- Ensure respect for all
individuals and communities by valuing others, treating them with dignity,
and promoting ethical behavior in all activities.
- Provide a safe
environment where participants pursue positive relationships and healthy
- Challenge all students
to attain personal academic excellence through participation, competition,
- Provide access to
equitable, fair, and diverse activities.
- Strengthen character,
build confidence, and maximize potential through sportsmanship,
leadership, and service.
Furthermore, as a member of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) we believe that participation in education based high school athletics and activities…
- Is a privilege.
- Enriches the educational experience.
- Encourages academic achievement.
- Promotes respect, integrity and sportsmanship.
- Prepares for the future in a global community.
- Develops leadership and life skills.
- Fosters the inclusion of diverse populations.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles and safe competition.
- Encourages positive school/community culture.
- Should be fun.